Senior Legal Advisor
We require an enthusiastic and capable Senior Legal Advisor with project financing and banking experience (preferably in Asia) to commence in our Vientiane office immediately. Reporting to the Country Manager, the successful candidate will assist the team in providing legal advice across a range of matters.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Providing analysis and advice on Lao PDR laws and their interpretation
- Negotiating, drafting and reviewing commercial contracts, and preparing a range of other legal documents, including legal opinions and letters of advice
- Liaising with clients and Lao PDR Governmental authorities
- Actively participating in the firm’s business development and marketing activities, including Government relations and involvement in various business chambers and associations
- Drafting and delivering fee proposals, maintaining accurate time records, and assisting in review and collection of invoices
- Supervising and training junior legal advisors and other staff
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- University level qualifications in law
- Commercial exposure, with a qualification in business/commerce preferred but not essential
- A minimum 4 years post-graduate experience in a similar role in a law firm, government office or company
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining client relationships and willingness to participate in business development efforts
- Strong team building and mentoring skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (other language skills, particularly Lao language, are beneficial but not essential)
- Strong administration skills and competency in Microsoft Office suite
Applicants should send their CV accompanied by a covering letter addressing the candidate’s interest in the position and suitability to Mark Stewart at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This position will remain open until filled and applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Please contact our office on +856 (0) 21 313 718 if you have questions or require assistance.